We are Co Founders of the AMG Project – a social innovation project that leverages various elements of youth culture to disarm social issues, and inspire community interventions. Our most recent project was a collaboration with Sahara Foundation and Tolaram Foundation to build self sufficient toilets in Rural Areas. We recently built our first block of 6 toilets in Akodo Primary School, Epe.
- The design of the toilet allows communities to save energy by utilizing natural light.
- The toilets are built strategically to collect rainwater, which flushes away waste.
- 2 ditches are built under each block of toilets to collect waste. When one is full, waste is guided to the empty ditch.
- The full ditch is opened to kill any harmful bacteria and can then be used as a fertilizer for farming or resale.
- Each toilet comes with a hand pump.